Photovoltaic devices fabrication and characterisation laboratory
ITER’s photovoltaic cells fabrication and characterisation services and its services for the certification of photovoltaic laboratory equipment, are some of the activities of the Photovoltaics Laboratory (SiCell-Lab), a cutting-edge technological facility that occupies 390m2 within ITER’s engineering complex.
The services provided involve:
- Equipment for the fabrication of photovoltaic devices.
- Equipment for the electrical and optical characterisation of photovoltaic devices.
The Photovoltaics Laboratory (SiCell-Lab) offers the following services:
- Technical support service: Given the inherent complexity of manufacturing processes and/or characterisation, all activities under this service are performed exclusively by laboratory staff.
- Mixed service: When any of the tasks require the involvement of external personnel, these may be carried out under the supervision of laboratory staff, subject to obtaining ‘user certification’ in relation to operating the relevant equipment.
- ‘User certification’ service: Obtaining this is a precondition for non-laboratory staff to operate the relevant equipment. It is obtainable in the form of a technical evaluation that may include theoretical and practical course.
Requesting a service
Requests for services are to be made via the APPLICATION section at the sidebar, indicating the type of service required and its details, and the applicant’s details.
The request will be considered and budgeted on the basis of the details provided and subject to the applicant’s approval.